Protecting Elders: Legal issues
Part of CJE’s 2007 Judicial Forum Series
The Center for Judicial Excellence convened a Probate Forum, titled Protecting Elders: Legal Issues, at the San Rafael Corporate Center on January 25, 2007, from 12:00pm to 1:30pm. The goals of the Forum were to educate the Marin community about dangers that seniors and elders face, and to encourage an ongoing dialogue about safeguards and solutions.
The Center for Judicial Excellence and the Forum co-sponsors invited all members of the public to this inclusive Forum to discuss the most pressing issues, educate Marin residents, and seek new ways to work together to ensure equitable treatment for seniors both within the community and within the legal system.
The Probate Forum was comprised of a brief introductory presentation by the Center for Judicial Excellence, 5-minute introductory statements by the Forum panelists, and a structured Question & Answer session.
Forum panelists included:
- Alameda County Superior Court Judge Julie Conger
- Marin Chief Deputy District Attorney Kathryn Mitchell
- Elder Financial Protection Network Executive Director Jenefer Duane
- San Francisco civil rights attorney Liza de Vries
- Legal Aid of Marin executive director Paul Cohen
Click Here to Download the Probate Forum Press Release – January 10, 2007