Are you a family court survivor ready to speak out about your experience and help make legislative change? Are you ready to join a community of other survivor advocates and harness the power in telling your story and strategic collaboration?
CJE will be hosting a series of five advocacy trainings starting in December 2021. Register for the advocacy email notification list here. The current schedule is as follows:
1) Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 10:00am PST/ 1:00pm EST – “State Legislative Lobbying 101” In this session, learn how to:
- Draft bills
- Identify legislative champions
- Build relationships with lawmakers
- Understand & work with the legislative calendar
- And more!
2) Saturday, December 11, 2021 at 10:00am PST/ 1:00pm EST – “Legislative Advocacy – Sharing Our Stories”
In this session you will learn how to best articulate your court trauma and compel action toward change.
Sessions 3, 4, and 5 will be announced in 2022.